Whitney Houston vigil sets fire to house

Posted: February 16, 2012 in General

A Whitney Houston fan set her house on fire in a candle-lit vigil for the star. Anne Lomax had been playing the singer’s records and saying prayers, lighting a candle in Houston’s memory before going to bed.
Unfortunately the curtains then caught fire from a candle flame and the blaze quickly spread to the TV and electrics in the house.

Ms Lomax, 53, was woken by her smoke alarms, she managed to escape along with her three dogs while firemen put out the blaze, but the living room of her semi-detached house, in Hodge Clough Road, Oldham, Greater Manchester, was destroyed.

Three fire crews from Oldham and Chadderton Fire Stations were called to the house at 2.40am on Tuesday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s