Illegal immigrant rapist deportation order overturned

Posted: April 16, 2010 in Law & Disorder it would interfere with his family life!

Welcome to the lunatic asylum called Britain.

IlieSukdarshan Singh, an Indian, arrived in Britain unlawfully in 1984, in 1988 he raped a 59-year-old woman in Bridgend, Wales, where he had a market stall. He later married in 1991 and his wife did not know about the crime until 2006 when he was arrested for driving with excess alcohol and DNA evidence linked him to the rape.

He was linked to the attack in 2006 after being arrested for drink driving and was jailed for four and a half years.

An immigration tribunal ruled he should be deported but the Court of Appeal yesterday overturned the decision because it had failed to take in to account his rights to family life as he now has a British wife and two teenage children.

He was sentenced to four years six months jail at Cardiff Crown Court and his application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK was refused in 2008 because of his rape conviction.

Yesterday, he was appealing against the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) finding which upheld the decision of the Home Secretary to return him to India.

But Lord Justice Aikens said the “overall question” in the case was whether deportation would be a disproportionate interference with his private and family life protected by the European Convention on Human Rights.

Criminal record for possessing Swiss Army knife.

IlieA disabled caravanner who kept a penknife in his glove compartment to use on picnics has been dragged through court for possessing an offensive weapon.

Rodney Knowles, 61, walks with the aid of a stick and had used the Swiss Army knife to cut up fruit on picnics with his wife.
Knowles yesterday admitted possessing an offensive weapon at Torquay Magistrates Court. He was given a conditional discharge.

Prosecutor Philip Sewell told the court that Knowles was stopped by police when he left a pub on February 24. He was arrested for suspected drink-driving but a breath test showed he was under the legal limit.

Knowles was however charged with possession of the knife, which was found in its pouch in the car glove compartment.

Mr Sewell told the court: ‘He told officers that he had the knife for caravanning. He is not working and had no malicious reason for carrying the blade’

Chairman of the bench Robert Horne ordered forfeiture of the knife and £40 costs to be paid.

He said: ‘There is no previous conviction history whatsoever and it was not in his possession and was in the car glove compartment in a pouch.’

The retired maintenance engineer, from Buckland, Devon, had no criminal record before the case. He said: ‘The tool was in my glove box in a pouch, along with a torch, first aid kit and waterproofs. ‘It is everything I need for the maintenance of my car or if I break down. ‘Now I have a criminal record for the first time in my life. I am upset by that.’

Burglars broke into a family home and hurled an urn containing the householder’s mother’s ashes into the garden.

IlieJoanne Davenport was left distraught when she returned to find the house on Quarry Pond Avenue, Little Hulton, had been burgled, and the precious remains treated with such contempt. Manchester Crown Court was told the burglars had taken property worth more than £2,000 while the mother-of-three was out.

Much of their haul was electrical equipment including a TV and games console, but they also took irreplaceable items of sentimental value including Ms Davenport’s engagement ring, and a gold locket containing the first strands of her children’s hair. The break-in, in October last year, also happened the day after the first anniversary of Ms Davenport’s father’s death.

Lewis Pollard, 19, and a 17-year old teenager who cannot be identified because of his age, pleaded guilty to being involved in the burglary. A third man, Steven Corless, 26, pleaded guilty to handling goods stolen in the raid on the house.

The court was told that Ms Davenport, who had moved to the address to make a new start following the break-up of a previous relationship, now no longer felt safe in the home. The incident also had a severe effect on her son who suffers from autistic spectrum disorder, which leaves him unable to deal with changes from routine.

Ms Davenport was inconsolable when she found the urn.

The 17-year old, who took part in the burglary while already on bail for a previous incident in which he was involved in trashing a car, was sentenced to a 10-month detention and training order.

Pollard, of Rydal Crescent, Walkden, who only pleaded guilty to burglary a week before he was due to go on trial, was given an 18-month detention and training order.

Steven Corless, of Wicheaves Crescent, Little Hulton, 26, who pleaded guilty to handling goods stolen in the burglary was given a nine-month prison sentence for handling stolen goods, suspended for 15 months.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s