Youth raped again after avoiding custody.

Posted: November 14, 2009 in Broken Britain

IlieA 16-year-old kidnapped and raped a five-year-old boy just days after avoiding custody for the rape of another child.

The offender, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted several offences including rape and child abduction at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester.

The attack in Hattersley on July 4 happened eight days after he was given a community order for the rape of a seven-year-old boy in Tameside in June, 2008. The teenager was given an indeterminate sentence for public protection and will serve a minimum of three years and four months at a young offenders’ institute.

The community order, given by Judge Adrian Smith, had been challenged by the Crown Prosecution Service and was revoked. Judge Peter Lakin re-sentenced him to three years and four months to run concurrently.

Judge Smith is believed to have considered the victim’s family, who forgave the youth because of their Christian beliefs. What happened to ‘an eye for an eye…’

The offender lured the five-year-old, who was playing close to his home, to his house on the pretext of looking for a lost football. The victim’s parents thought the boy, now six, was missing and he was only found after he emerged from his attacker’s house with a light sabre toy given as a reward for keeping quiet.

Det-Con Terry Farrell said: “We have a 16-year-old boy who has acted like a sexual predator, deliberately luring an innocent young boy into his home where he raped him. It is an absolutely harrowing and disturbing case and is heartbreaking for his family. “The judge described the offender as a devious, dangerous and manipulative young man. Rape is rape and whether you are 16 or 60, it is one of the most horrific crimes anyone can commit. For this to happen to a five-year-old boy is beyond comprehension.”

MEANWHILE IN MARGATE

A pre-school in Cliftonville has been rapped by Ofsted after a four-year-old girl was touched inappropriately by a teenager on work experience.

Trinity Sunshine nursery, run by Holy Trinity church in St Mary’s Avenue, was told to make sure it made suitable checks on anyone working at the pre-school after the incident on June 19 sparked a complaint from the girl’s parents.

Police issued the 15-year-old, who has learning difficulties, with a final warning after investigating the incident. Neither he nor the child involved can be named for legal reasons. The Ofsted report into the parents’ complaint, published last week, states that the educational watchdog warned the pre-­school to impose more rigorous checks on those who work there.

But the report reveals that despite the warnings, the nursery had failed to implement those checks by the time Ofsted carried out an unannounced visit later this year.

A spokesman for the Holy Trinity Church, Margate and Canterbury Diocese, which run the pre-school, said: “During the summer we were made aware that a very regrettable incident had occurred on our premises at the Holy Trinity Margate Sunshine Playschool.
“Since this time we have worked with the diocesan child protection officers, Ofsted and Social Services to tighten our procedures and put in place policies that mean an incident like this will not be repeated.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s